Johnson Controls Actuators M9220-604 Electric Spring-Return Actuators
M9220-604 acuators are designed to position return air, exhaust air, or outside air dampers. Torques range from 27 to 177 in-lbs and available control signals are two-position (on/off), tri-state (floating), and proportional
Availability: In stock
M9220-604 actuators are direct-mount, spring-return electric actuators that operate with these available power options:
• AC 24 V at 50/60 Hz or DC 24 V (AGx, BGx, GGx, HGx)
• AC 120 V at 60 Hz (BAx)
• AC 230 V at 50/60 Hz (BDx)
These bidirectional actuators do not require a damper linkage, and are easily installed on dampers with 1/2 to 3/4 in. or 12 to 19 mm round shafts, or 3/8 and 1/2 in. or 10, 12, and 14 mm square shafts using the standard shaft clamp included with the actuator. An optional M9220-600 Jackshaft Coupler Kit is available for 3/4 to 1-1/16 in. or 19 to 27 mm round shafts, or 5/8 and 3/4 in. or 16, 18, and 19 mm square shafts.
A single M9220-xxx-3 Electric Spring-Return Actuator provides a running and spring-return torque of 177 lb·in (20 N·m). Two or three models mounted in tandem deliver twice or triple the torque. Integral line voltage auxiliary switches are available on the -xxC models to indicate end-stop position or to perform switching functions within the selected rotation range.
• Available torques of 177 lb·in (20 N·m) for single actuators, 354 lb·in (40 N·m) for two models, and 531 lb·in (60 N·m) for three models mounted in tandem—offer a selection that is most suitable for the application.
• Reversible mounting design—simplifies installation and enables the actuator to spring return in either direction.
• Electronic stall detection throughout entire rotation range—extends the life of the actuator by deactivating the actuator motor when an overload condition is detected.
• Removable coupler—adapts to a shorter damper shaft.
• Integral 48 in. (1.2 m) halogen-free cables with colored and numbered conductors— simplify field wiring.
• Integral auxiliary switches (xxC Models)— provide one fixed and one adjustable switch point with line voltage capability.
• NEMA 2 (IP54) rated aluminum enclosure—protects the internal components of the actuator from dirt and moisture.
• Easy-to-use locking manual override with auto release and crank storage—allows for manual positioning of the actuator hub.
• Integral connectors for 3/8 in. flexible metal conduit—simplify installation and field wiring.
• Microprocessor-controlled brushless DC motor (-AGx, -GGx, and -HGx types)— provides constant run-time independent of torque.
The M9220-xxx-3 Electric Spring-Return Actuators provide reliable control of dampers and valves in HVAC systems. The M9220-xxx-3 Actuators are available for use with on/off, floating, and proportional controllers.
If the M9220 Series Electric Actuator fails to operate within its specifications, replace the unit. For a replacement actuator, contact the nearest Johnson Controls® representative.
Write Your Own Review